Sunday, July 8, 2007

Walgreens Rocks My World!!!

In today's Walgreens store ad, you can buy 3 Sunsilk products (shampoo, conditioner, etc) at the sale price of 3/$10. Then you send in for the $5 rebate in the Walgreens EasySaver Catalog. That brings the total for 3 bottles of Sunsilk down to 3/$5. Plus, at the time you purchase the Sunsilk, you also use the manufacturer's coupon from today's Sunday Paper insert, which is a buy 1, get 1 free coupon. That brings the grand total down to $1.67 for THREE BOTTLES of Sunsilk shampoo/conditioner, etc. or in other words, a final price of 56 cents apiece. These are regular size 12 oz. bottles, people!!
Now, if you have TWO of the EasySaver Catalogs going at once, like some of us do.....then you are getting this deal TIMES TWO. Assuming, of course, you have multiple buy1/get1 manufacturer coupons. AND, if you are getting your EasySaver Catalog rebates in the form of a Walgreens giftcard, or the money added to your already existing Walgreens giftcard, then you also get a 10% bonus.
SO, that brings the price of my bottles of shampoo down to 39 cents each. Yeah!!!!! They might as well just give it to me for free, right???
Plus, you are paying less sales tax on the total, so really, there is even more savings we haven't even figured up yet.
Even if you don't use Sunsilk hair products......this is how I implement the stewardship part of my savings philosophy.....I can turn around and donate every single one of those bottles of hair soap to the St. Gabriel's Mission at the Basilica. Personal hygiene items is the most wanted thing there. I am able to donate valuable stuff for literally nickels and dimes. And, if I care to add this to my non-cash charitable contributions on my Schedule A on my federal income tax form, I take the retail value of the shampoo ($3.33 ea.), not how much I paid for it (56 cents). See how this works?
Yeah.....love Walgreens.

2 comments:

juliecache said...

dude, are you going to post in august?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.