Monday, June 11, 2007

Kohl's

I don't usually shop in department stores for clothing. I frequent the thrift stores because my money is better spent elsewhere than on clothing. So, good, used clothes suits me just fine. Except, of course, for underwear and shoes. Those, I always buy new.

I was waiting around for my daughter this afternoon, and I had two hours to kill. So, I decided to walk around Kohl's Department Store. They had racks and racks and racks of clearance clothes. I could not believe all the clearance sales at Kohl's. I don't believe I have ever bought anything for full price at that store, there are always good sales. But this takes the cake. I got two nice tops for $11. Cool, huh? I could have bought more, but prudence is a virtue I am trying to develop.

A couple of months ago they had a deal at Kohl's where every $50 spent earns you a $10 certificate. We needed some stuff for the Las Vegas trip, (some clothes, a new purse, & a sale priced vacuum with a $20 rebate), so we ended up purchasing $150 worth of merchandise and got $30 in those certificates. I went back during the week the certificates were good, and purchased a good thermal carafe Cuisinart coffee maker I've been coveting. I got that coffee maker on sale, PLUS the $30 off, plus getting a $20 rebate on the vacuum. So, those were excellent purchases and a good use shopping in a department store. I usually completely avoid those kind of stores.

2 comments:

juliecache said...

Hey, I picked up a Walgreens Easy Saver catalog and thought of you. Apparently, my SIL and sis use it, too. I did awesome at a new Hy-Vee on S. 51st St. in WDM -- THursdays, with a receipt over $30, you get 9 cents off per gallon of gas. Added to that savings was my Hy-Vee coupons (the ones that spit out at the register) and I saved over $7. Yay! I am very much more aware of coupon savings than I was a couple months ago, and I thought I was frugal already.

Jean Lewis said...

Julia, those coupons that "spit out at the cash register" are called "Catalinas". Just thought you might want to know that.

And I am proud of you for using coupons and telling us about it!!

Yeah for juliecache!!